Monday, July 4, 2011

Our Bridge Walk

As part of our Bridge Unit we went for a walk 
to look at our Hamilton bridges.
Dugan drove us to Fairfield bridge,  
we crossed the bridge and walked all the way back to school!!


I walked on the Fairfield Bridge with Barry. 
I was tired when I walked on the bridge.  
The Fairfield Bridge was bumpy and scary because it was very high.  
I was with my buddy.  I was safe with Barry.  
I saw Room 13 and 14 waving at Room 16 and 15.  
They were standing on the bank.  I got some leaves.  It was wet and crunchy.
by Kelvin


I looked down at the water.  It looked freaky!  
I started to be scared, so I stopped looking down.  
Then I was happy again.  I kept walking until I saw the next bridge.
I went on the very, very old bridge.  When I looked down it looked…
so exciting!  I was very, very excited!  
The old bridge was so old that it had green stuff on it.  
I loved looking down at the river.
by Alice

         
                           
I jumped on the leaves and I picked up a red and yellow leaf. 
I saw a tunnel with water.  
Then I had a little look at it.  
It was cool because it was dark inside.
by Tui


On the way there I counted the bridges.  
When we got off I was excited.  
I got to see the biggest bridge.  
I collected spiky and spotty leaves.  We looked at the silver ferns.  
We were looking and waving at Room 13 and 14.  
We got to see the tree roots.  Trees had fallen down.
by Kullan



I walked on the Fairfield Bridge.  
I was scared because I was high and the water was low.  
I thought I was going to fall down but I didn’t. 
I found a leaf.  It was green and it was round and it was bumpy.  
It had veins.
by Alaa



The class walked on the bridge.  It was the Fairfield Bridge.  
The bridge is bumpy.  It has diamond shapes.  The air was freezing.  
It was cold and windy too.  The leaves are falling down.  
The leaf I saw was a circle and long too.  
I found gold and yellow leaves on the trees.
by Namrata 



I was scared because I was up high on the Fairfield bridge.  
I looked down at the river.  
Then I saw the car.  I was walking with Nevaeh’s papa.  
I caught up to Nevaeh’s papa and 
I saw Room 13 and 14 waving to Room 16 and 15.  
Room 14 were on the bank.  
I couldn’t see Room 14’s faces because they were far away.
by Robin


 

I am looking at the bridge.  I look down at the water.  
It is deep.  I don’t like to look down.
by Mele



I was very excited because Totara team went on a bridge trip.  
Totara team saw the river.  I picked up some rocks 
and threw the rocks in the river.  It was very, very, very loud!  
I could hear people talking.
When Totara team walked on the last bridge it was very, very scary.  
When I put my hand on the edge it was scary.  
At last we were at school.  We were very tired, but we had a little rest.
by Battool 


Yay! We made it home.  WHEW!!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, did you find out that Fairfield bridge is a arch bridge? graciana. Room 12.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a exciting trip to all the bridges. How many bridges did you go to by Avikash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a tired day and a hot day to walk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That look's Like fun

    ReplyDelete