Saturday, September 27, 2014

Operetta Diary


We loved performing in the Operetta last week. Everyday we spent 10minutes writing a diary entry on our Operetta experience. Everyone in Room 16 picked their best day to share on the blog. We hope you enjoy them.

As soon as I heard the chainsaw music I stepped onto the stage excitedly. I cut the flower bit by bit and the tress I cut in half as soon as I walked off the stage. I walked back on the stage. I played a guitar with my chainsaw. 
Darryl

I was waiting in Room 13 eating McDonalds. I had a drink and a cheeseburger and chips. It was yum. We had cookies and popcorn with icing sugar. It was so delicious. I got in my costume. I was a Fat Cat.
Elias

We had our last Operetta. Whaea Eve was a chainsaw. Ms Jones and Miss M were in the Operetta. I think that they were amazing singing in the Operetta. It was funny too.
Anika H

It was funny when Ms Jones pretended to be the Queen of England. She had a funny little yellow  dog. Queen Jones didn’t look like the real queen but she still was pretty.
Mia

Haka Hiva girls

Once I went on the stage there were lights at the back of me. Then the giants came on the stage and made the musicians go off the stage. Then we sang the Billionaire song.
David

For our last Operetta Whaea Eve was a chainsaw and Ms Jones was the Queen. Miss M was a car but Ms Jones crashed into Miss M.
Kayden

When I stepped on the stage I was so scared then I started to be okay. The lights were green and blue like water. The lights were so bright in my eyes. At the end you have to dance off the stage with music.
Ryan

I wanted to be a giant because they have a big long voice and they sing loud.
Xzavier 

Chainsaw Gang

When we do the Operetta tonight it is going to be the coolest day in my whole world because we will be having some popcorn as well. We will be going to Room 13’s class so we can get changed into our clothes altogether. When we get into the chainsaw we have to wait. 
Juvil

The Operetta was fun. We had to wait a long time. The glow in the dark people were cool. Then the pacific Haka Hiva people went on the stage to dance. It was interesting. I liked the Haka.
Tyler

Before I got on the stage I was scared, nervous. But I kept on saying I had to go on, I had to go on, so I proudly danced on to the music. So once I was on stage I sat down and played my instrument. When I got off the stage I heard that we had to do the finale but I hated the finale. But I had to do it so I raced up the hill. When I got up the Room 13 I put down my instrument then I ran back down and did the finale.
Jack

At the Operetta it was fun. My favourite was when Ms Jones was on the stage. It was so funny that I couldn’t stop laughing and all the audience were laughing. I loved the Operetta.
Subair

Cars

At the Operetta the lights were shining. I wanted to do it cool. Whaea Eve was wearing blue when the lights were on. When Whaea Eve dashed on the stage the giants were screaming on the stage. We were in danger. The magical garden got chopped down. Then we put our chainsaws away.
Deysharn

The Operetta was good. When I heard the Operetta singing one bit was funny. I liked the funny bit. The funny bit was when Ayman and Hussain did Kapa Haka.
Ahmed

When it was the last Operetta, my mum was there and she watched us on the stage. It was Haka Hiva’s turn and I was in the Haka Hive group. My mum’s friend was videoing us. When we shook our hips everyone clapped even my mum. Then it was the end and I went to Room 16.
Caylee

I drove the car on the stage. I felt nervous. We sang the songs.
Zahaad

Fat Cats and Musicians

I was a little bit scared. I heard the music. I got a shock. I was dancing to the music. I was flapping my arms when I saw the giants. We were singing, “We want to be Billionaires”.  
Anika C

Last night we had popcorn and a biscuit too. There were lots of people. I watched my mum taking pictures.
Quartez

When I stomped on stage I felt scared. I could see a big crowd of people. In the crowd I could see my baby sister, my brother, my dad and my step-mum. I could hear my brother call out my name. I felt excited inside but scared outside. My heart was beating really fast like a rocket.
Kaya

Last night it was our last Operetta. There was a big crowd. Ms Jones was the Queen! When she came on the stage everyone laughed. When the cars came on Miss M and Ms Jones were cars, ha! Ms Jones told Miss M off because she bumped into her, ha ha and Whaea Eve was a chainsaw.
Katelyn

Garden

The Operetta was really cool. There was a really bright spotlight on the actors. When I was on stage I felt nervous. I thought I was gonna make a mistake but luckily I didn’t. Some of the actors forgot what they had to say. The best part I liked was the Kapa Haka group. The girls singing were fantastic. It was my best part. But my best best part was Room 16 and Room 13’s performance.
Xuan

It was funny when Ms Jones was pretending to be the queen. Everyone was laughing. It was funny when Whaea Eve was a chainsaw too. It was funny too when Miss M was a car.
Cruz

We danced in the hall. It was fun. I like dancing. I felt happy. I felt nervous and scared. Going into the dark was scary.
Nirmal

I heard the music so I danced onto the stage. I felt nervous then I felt happy. Then the giants stomped onto the stage. I was scared. I could feel the stage shaking. Then the chainsaws cut the garden. Then the cars came on then I giants came back on the stage. The giants were hot and thirsty. Then the garden came back to life. Then we danced down the stage and then it was done.
Tulasi

No comments:

Post a Comment