Sunday, March 18, 2012

Making Pizza Sauce

When we checked our garden 
we discovered some of our tomatoes were ready 
and some had started to go rotten from a bug!  
We decided it was time to harvest our garden.  
We collected our vegetables.  
Look at our fantastic, large capsicums, spring onions, 
tomatoes and delicious smelling basil.
We washed our vegetables,
then we made our Pizza Sauce.
Step 1: Peel the tomatoes.  
Do you know how to peel tomatoes?  
First cut a criss cross through the skin, on the top of your tomato
Then get an adult to pour on some boiling water
 
Leave to soak for a few minutes then drain the water off.  
The skins will peel off easily.
 Step 2: Chop the capsicums
 Step 3: Slice the spring onions
Step 4: Tear up the basil
 Step 5:  Heat the olive oil
 Step 6: Saute the capsicums and spring onions
 Step 7: Add the tomatoes and simmer
Step 8: Stir in the basil
Step 9: Taste test!!!!
  Delicious!  
We can't wait to make our pizza 
for the Harvest Festival.


3 comments:

  1. WOW! Room 16. Your pizza sauce looks delicious. I can't believe you grew all the ingredients at school. That is awesome!
    I love how you showed us all the steps so we could make it too.
    I can't wait to try your pizzas at the Harvest Festival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the the pizza sauce.My favorite part was taste testing and the watermelon.I liked the poatos and the tomatos.I also liked using the sharp knife.I liked the veges,the veges where super yum!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pizza looks delicous but I didnt get a chance to try it. The pizza sauce looks like curry. What!!!!
    You grew the ingredients? Holey moley SERIOUSLY!!!. Actually I liked the vege chips as well. And I like your welcome sign. Daniel room8

    ReplyDelete